A/B tests results: Two Step vs One Step Promotions

As Bob Dylan once said: “times they are a-changin’”…

That sentiment couldn’t be more true in marketing. Gone are the days of relying on conventional marketing wisdom; now we see a changing of the guard to data-driven decision making. This is the first of many future posts in this thread when I share the results of some great A/B tests I’m running with clients, and hopefully provide some inspiration for you to implement with your own promotions

Two-Step vs. One Step promotions

Let’s start by unraveling two these highly markety names. A traditional “one-step” promotion shows the audience a pop up that contains the email field and call-to-action test on the initial screen:

A “two-step” promotion incorporates the same process above, but puts an “intro screen” in front, asking the user a simple question like “Hi there, looking for a discount?” with yes and no CTA’s below

At the time of this post, I’ve run three of these A/B tests, and every result has shown the two-step promotions produce up to a 100% increase in BOTH engagements and sales conversions over the traditional one-step promotion.

TL;DR Use a two-step promotion to drastically improve engagements and conversions on your new visitor promotions, and see how to set them up here.

If you have further questions, feel free to post them up here and I’ll be sure to respond.
-Robbie @ Justuno