Also called a “holdout audience”, this is a commonly requested feature from our avid A/B testers using Justuno.
Though the following explanation will give you a temporary workaround, we do plan on making this available in an upcoming overhaul of our A/B testing feature, which will not disappoint. Until then, here’s the workaround:
NOTE: because the “hidden promotion” cannot be engaged with and thus reported in Justuno, you must use reporting within Google Analytics to analyze whether or not the pop up provided a lift. Spoiler alert: it almost always does…
- Duplicate the desired control (or “A”) promotion - this will be your variant (or “B”) promotion
- Remove ALL design layers and opacity of the background layer.
- Move the background layer to the corner
- Shrink background layer size to something small, like 1px x 5px - the idea here is that the variant will show with the same rules as the control, but no one will see it, and it won’t affect the UX
- Set up your A/B test, and push live.